Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
The Artificial Intelligence Space Engineer, within the Domain Observation and Navigation Italy, will perform satellite and ground segment engineering activities with particular focus on Artificial intelligence and big data activities, with the aim to develop and evolve EO SAR and Navigation products and projects. She/he is also responsible of proposing, designing and implements the usage of AI in consistency and coherence with Domain business
Task description: as member of the Engineering Team she/he shall be in charge of:
- Contribute to the design and development of new AI4Space solution
- Study and consolidate the interoperability architecture for Space products (Ground and space )
- Study and identification of data analysis techniques AI based with particular focus machine learning/deep learning methods
- Technological trade-offs requirements for Al and big data on architectures and performances HW and SW solutions for the development of the system for the management and processing of data from different sensors (Navigation and Observation)
- Study of the mainCommercial Off-The-Shelf(COTS) products and management of the ad hoc development foradditional features
- Machine learning & deep learning algorithms design and development;
- AI (like neural network), algorithms design and development to pattern matching and objects’ classifying;
- Data analysis and management to train and validate neural networks;
- Write and maintain system and feature documentation.
- Working heritage on major satellite Earth Observation and Navigation systems
- Experience in AI and expertise in the design of artificial intelligence algorithms; knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, in particular MPL, CNN and RNN learning technologies
- Knowledge of Data analysis and big data technologies
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies and architectures
- Knowledge of object programming in particular Python (Pyorch) , Java, C ++ and relevant Data Science packages (such as numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, pandas…);
- Good knowledge of operating systems;
- Experience in multi-core programming and optimization;
- Knowledge of framework for machine learning
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team;
- Ability to relate to people to find information, share analysis results and facilitate “problem solving”
- Availability to travel
- Excellent ability to work by deadlines
- Language: fluent English and Italian, spoken and written
- The ideal candidate has a distinctive propensity to team working and is at ease mediating even between different requests.
- Open minded to different cultures in working, he always uses a collaborative approach, helping to find shared solutions out-of-the-box.
- He/she has a good grasp of technology, passionate about it and informed about evolutions and trends. The ideal candidate is familiar with and can apply measurement theory, statistics, informatics and physics.
- Previous working experience in Space Business will be preferential.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!