Building a future we can all trust.
Job ID: R0129895
Location: Roma, Lombardy, Italy
Regular Employment, Full time
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system. Permanent responsibility:
The candidate will be part of Navigation System Department reporting to Head of Department and dealing with all activities related to Navigation System Contracts, including coordination of technical team, acquisition of new business and Research & Development activities execution.
- Technical interface with the Customer & Project technical management, including coordination of the Navigation Engineering Team
- To coordinate all the activities related to technical definition, design and development/qualification of Satellite Navigation System, including and not limited to:
- Customer Requirements understanding and proper flow down to System Requirements
- Navigation System Architecture (logical and physical) and Interface definition
- Apportionment of requirement to Subsystem level (Space, Ground and User Segment)
- Operation Concept definition
- System Trade-offs and Analysis activities
- End-to-End system modelling (communication and navigation specific aspects)
- End-To-End Performance and Budgets consolidation
- System Design and Development Plan
- Definition of System Integration Verification & Validation Plan
- Execution of System Integration and Verification Tests and reporting
- Service Requirement engineering and Validation
- To support Head of Department in defining the strategy to capture new Business opportunities in Navigation Domain
- To lead proposal preparation in the area of Navigation System aiming to enlargement business as related to Navigation Domain
- To contribute to internal R&D activities in the area of advanced navigation systems
- To contribute to the development/usage of navigation system laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools
- To provide navigation system technical support to projects and programmes as needed
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise in the field of navigation system by fostering cooperation with university, identifying and developing areas of cooperation in the field of navigation and through tutoring of stager
Language: Fluent English, spoken and written
- As a senior with a strong background in Satellite Navigation and Communication system engineering (at least 20 years’ experience required), and consolidated knowledge of Galileo and others GNSS Systems, the ideal candidate has a distinctly propensity to team working and problem solving.
- Open minded to different cultures in working, he always uses a collaborative approach, showing proactivity and attitude to find innovative solutions.
- Security Clearance required. Availability to international mobility required.