Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar. Gorgonzola hosts Navigations Air Systems (NAS) domain. The activity of NAS domain: avionics, navigation and radar systems for civil air traffic and technologies supporting the activities of civilian and military pilots, ATC controllers and technicians of several airlines, air traffic control agencies and Air Force around the world. Italy is the Group’s Competence center for the design, production and delivery of Navigation Aids products and Competence Centre for the delivery of non-Radar Surveillance Products.
In the field of Navigation systems equipment in Air Traffic Management, the candidate will be responsible for all technical activities and customer interfaces during the offer and execution phases of a Domestic/Export project.
He acts as lead technical interface with the Customer as regards Solution architecture, performance, deployment on customer sites and issues raised during the project phase.
- The project engineer is responsible for analyzing the technical parts of tenders (compliance matrix) with assistance from Solution Engineering- Managers and other experts.
- He performs Site Surveys including Site Survey Reports to adapt the solution to the site constraints
- He defines the optimal solution architecture by using product qualified equipment’s and performing simulations with customer installation sites inputs.
- He is responsible to provide, Product adaptation Design Documentation and the associated configuration files (applicable and applied) according to the customer site and contracts.
- In co-operation with procurement department, he delivers technical specifications and contributes to the Statement of work to suppliers in order to obtain commitments on cost, schedule, deliveries contents.
- He supports the project manager, in the definition of the scope of supply for THALES own and any supplier products
- He supports the product policy and limits the projects specificities within the product forecast adaptation areas.
- He solves technical on-site issues in co-operation with the product engineering team, Project manager, customer service and any other resources (Quality, local KIP, others)
- Based on existing product tests and procedures, he prepares and executes the acceptance tests with the customer during Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Tests.
- In support of the services department, he contributes to the training sessions to end users and customer, to solve technical issues within warranty and service contracts and to restore systems under service contracts within the contractual reaction times by solving issues.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The candidate should have a overall engineer spectrum : Electronic, Radio frequency, Software, Telecom, mechanical, simple Civil Works, and engineering process
- Good knowledge of standard Office tools (e.g. MS Office) and CAD (e.g. AutoCAD) or MS Visio and experience with network technologies, Linux OS, data links and remote-control systems
- It’s desirable that candidate has a basic experience in Non Radar Surveillance and Navaids equipment’s as ADS-B, Multilateration Systems, ILS, VOR, TACAN, DME… and in the technical field of air traffic management and on the various regulations / standards such as EN, ICAO or specific local standards
- The candidate should have communications and negotiation skills to be capable to ensure the equipment’s acceptance and to support Thales product policy by minimizing projects specificities.
- The candidate should be able to handle several type of activities by himself or by requesting remote support from the product team.
- The candidate should has the willingness to travel abroad to any worldwide destination,
- Fluency in Italian and English, technically firm and fluent in writing and speech. Additional languages, such as Russian, German Spanish, French, Arabic to a technical firm level thus to be capable to support/handle tender/contracts requirements would be beneficial.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!