Building a future we can all trust
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Software Engineer at Thales will design, test and evaluate computer software applications on Post Application subsystem. He/She will work in a team of Software Engineers of the Ticketing Engineering Department. The sound knowledge of Software Engineering discipline, processes and CMMI principles will be relevant for the candidate’s evaluation.
● Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements into software design and requirements.
● Be responsible for the development of new software, analyze current programs and make recommendations which yield a more cost-effective product.
● Project, Write, edit, test and debug new software modules for assigned projects,
● Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
● Be responsible for adopting and utilizing tools and equipment involved in the performance of essential functions of programming
●Communicate with the system engineers and manufacturer’s technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
● Provide assistance to testers and support personnel in order to determine system problems.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
● Fluency in Italian and English; French is a plus.
● Engineering/Computer Science Degree
● Min.3 years’ experience in the design and development of complex software architectures.
● Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills
– Experience in desktop development, web services architecture will be a plus;
– Required knowledge of C#, .NET framework 3.5 and newer
– Knowledge of Windows Presentation Fuondation (WPF) library, WebServices development (WCF), Relational DB (Microsoft SQL Server), Modular application development, MVVM and MVC design patterns;
– Basic Knowledge of C++
– Version control systems like Git, SVN, CVS
– Requested knowledge of Networking
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!