Thalēs does what needs doing, technology and capital being the drivers.
A Joint Venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), Thales Alenia Space is a global space manufacturer delivering, for more than 40 years, high-tech solutions for telecommunications, navigation, Earth Observation, environmental management, exploration, science and orbital infrastructures. Thanks to our diversity of skills, talents and cultures, our customers (governments, institutions, space agencies, telecommunications operators), therefore have Space to Connect, Secure & Defend, Observe & Protect, Explore, Travel & Navigate. And at the end is placed as a TAS-Thales standard for every vacancy.
Education and experience
- You have a Master Degree in Electrical/Computer/Control Engineering, with explicit focus on programming, Hardware In the Loop Testing and Control Systems Engineering.
- You are fluent in English (C1 and above certification) both listening and reading.
- It is preferable you have at least 5 years of experience in similar position.
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of kinematics and dynamics of rigid bodies
- Avionic sensors and actuators technology
- Knowledge of real/no-real time test environment (for Hardware In the Loop HIL Testing)
- SW or hybrid (HW/SW) simulators
- Knowledge about AIM 1553 boards and KVASER PN/EAN 73-30130-00683-6 (CAN Bus) or similar boards
- Matlab/Simulink programming
- C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of ESA technical standard (at least two of the following list) is plus:
- ECSS-E-ST-50-12C (SpaceWire); ECSS-E-ST-50-52C
- PSS_04_151 (TC Decoder Specification)
- PSS_04_106; ECSS-E-ST-50-03C
- PSS_04_107; ECSS-E-ST-50-04C
- ECSS-E-ST-50-13C (MIL Standard 1553)
- ECSS-E-ST-50-14C (Electrical I/Fs).
- Data Handling Hardware (On Board Computer, Remote Terminal Unit, GNSS receiver, microprocessors)
- 1553, Spacewire, CAN open
- CCSDS/ECSS telemetry and telecommand standards (synchronization and channel coding, data link)
- ECSS Packet Utilization Standard (PUS)
- Technical experience about understanding of the Avionic requirements of a Satellite is plus
- Technical experience on Avionic EGSE elements and development on Spacecraft simulator is plus
- Able to work with instruments of laboratory oscilloscope, multimeter, protocol analyser
- Able to work on own and in team in an international environment
- Able to cope with a workload pressures
- Knowledge of quality process and procedures
- Configuration and V&V tools like DOORS, GIT etc etc
- Customer focused, proactive attitude
- Organized and methodical approach to the work with strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, to work autonomously and in team
- Strong attitude to achieve results within time and cost constraints
- Problem solving attitude
At Thales Alenia Space we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales Alenia Space employing around 8,900 employees in 10 countries with 17 sites in Europe and a plant in the US, our mobility policy enables employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad. Thales Alenia Space sees space as a new horizon, helping to build a better, more sustainable life on Earth #SpaceForLife. Great journeys start here, apply now!