Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Job requisition: R0078287 – RF Antenna Director
- RF design team management;
- RF and electro-magnetic design of a large number of different kind of antennas and RF passive devices.
- Degree in Engineering
- Large Experience (> 15 years) in Space Antenna Design and development as RF Designer and RF Team Coordinator;
- Evidence of Large Experience in Single/Dual reflector Antenna System design for TLC and EO mission antennas;
- Large Experience in antenna design RF tools (TICRA SW, CST, Matlab, array design tools).
- Large experience in RF chain design, linear / circular polarization; Deep knowledge of RF chain components for antenna such as horns of different types, polarizers, OMTs, RF filters, complex multimodal launchers for dual or three bands horns; from L to Ka / QV band.
- Experience in planar array design and development, low gain elements, cups, loop, patches, dipoles etc from UHF to X band. Development of analog BFNs in different technologies (strip-line, coaxial, wgs) and main components used in these technologies (couplers, filters, transitions, etc…)
- Knowledge of the RF antenna measurement systems (Compact Test range, Near Field Test Range, and their critical aspects).
- Knowledge of antenna technology for space application, light weight materials, composite materials, and in general PIM, Multipaction, Corona power handling phenomena, their evaluation in design phase and mitigation aspects;
- Proactive support during the proposal phases: understanding and discussion of requirements, trade off and fast evaluation of different possible solutions; finalization of pre-design to allow the team to make the quotation. Support to Risk analysis and evaluation.
- Capability to work in a multi-disciplinary team (customer, system engineering, thermo-mechanical eng., Technologies, AIT & AIV teams, Quality) to synergic approach for problem solving.
- Capability to lead a team of 10-12 people working on 10-20 projects and studies; their training and technical grow-up.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!