Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Roma hosts the commercial offices to be close to Costumer and Public Administration.
For the RF Radar Units and Specific Products area, we are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join the team.
General Job Description
Passionate and Reliable Electronics Engineer with excellent problem-solving skills and strong analytical skills to design and develop RF hardware for Space applications:
- Analog & RF Hardware design and development (RF Radar Electronics, RF Front End Equipment, Frequency Synthesizers, Downconverter, Upconverter, Calibration Router and Monitoring functions);
- Analog & RF Circuits design, prototyping, tuning and test.
He/She will be part of the RF Radar Units & Specific Equipment Department, core of the design and development of RF Electronics for Radar, Radiometer and RF Equipment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering;
- Large Experience (> 10 years) in Analog & RF Circuits Design and Development as Hardware Engineer and Team Leader;
- Large experience with Analog & RF design software (AWR, CST, Matlab, PSpice, OrCad, Mentor, etc.);
- Large experience in Schematic and PCB design (Mentor Expedition);
- Knowledge of Analog & RF Hardware testing, automated test equipment and laboratory instruments;
- Excellent knowledge of schematic design with simulation of critical circuit parts; feasibility study and Printed Circuit Board design with single ended and differential controlled impedance tracks; BOM generation and supplier handling; PCB 3D view generations and mechanical checks; functional test with LabVIEW interfaces;
- Knowledge of the system and architecture development; PCB substrate and layer stack-up definition; components identification and using of COTS components;
- Knowledge of synthesized waveform generator; micro-controller programming and CAN interface;
- Knowledge of radiation aspects and heavy ions effects on analog circuits;
- Excellent Communication Skills and Time Management Skills;
- Capability to work in a multi-disciplinary team (customer, system engineering, thermo-mechanical engineering, Technologies, AIT & AIV teams, Quality) to synergistic approach for problem solving.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Job ID: R0100292