Building a future we can all trust.
Job ID: R0116755
Location: Rome, Latium, Italy
Regular Employment, Full time
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system. Within the frame of programmes and studies undertaken by the Radar Payloads Unit, to contribute to the activity of performance analysis and definition of models.
- Trade-offs concerning radar instrument: the candidate shall perform trade-offs analysis related to design of radar Instruments.
- Definition of radar payloads requirements: in the design phases of programmes related to radar payloads, the candidate shall perform analyses and assessments to support the Instrument Architect at the aim of establishing requirements at levels of instrument, and shall contribute to issue requirement documents for radar instrument, assemblies, equipment and units.
- Performance analysis: the candidate shall define and preform performance analysis related to radar instruments.
- Definition and maintenance of radar payloads budgets: the candidate shall contribute to prepare and maintain budgets related to radar payload (e.g. RF budget, power budget, mass budget, internal calibration budget, etc.).
- Definition and development of software tools (e.g. Matlab tools, Excel worksheets, etc.) for supporting simulations and analyses required for the phases of design and verification of radar payloads hardware.
- Evaluation of test results and participation to test campaigns: the candidate shall contribute to evaluate radar payload performance by taking part to test campaigns and evaluating test results at level of instrument, assembly, equipment and unit.
- Participation to meetings with the SAR Instrument design team.
- Participation to meetings/reviews with internal and external sub-contractors.
- Participation to meetings/reviews with both internal and external customers.
- Preparation of documents and presentations.
- Master degree in either Aerospace Engineering, or Telecommunication Engineering, or Remote Sensing Engineering, or Electronics Engineering.
- Background in the field of analysis and simulations.
- Knowledge of Matlab, MS Office products.
- Knowledge of the English language (at least at intermediate level) for both written and verbal communication.
- Attitude to teamwork.