Building a future we can all trust.
Job ID: R0131670
- Location: Rome, Latium, Italy
- Regular Employment, Full time
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system. The RF Communication group is in charge of the design, development and qualification of on-board equipment devoted to radio-communication and including:
- TT&C (Telemetry, Tracking & Command) Transponder for Interplanetary missions
- TT&C Transponder for Secure communication
- TT&C Transmitter for GEO missions
- TT&C Transceiver for Constellation
- Digital Payload for Telecommunication operating in UHF, SHF and Ka-band
- Digital Processor for Anti-jamming
- Digital Processor for Navigation Signal
About the job
The role implies the following activities and tasks:
- Equipment architectural design with RF/Digital and Hw/Sw partitioning and relevant trade-offs
- Module-level (RF, Digital and Software) specifications
- Supervision of validation at Breadboard level and support to Flight Equipment integration, debugging and test
- Validation of digital solution using advanced Laboratory Instrumentation (e.g. High-speed
- Oscilloscope, Logical Analyser, Spectrum Analyzer).
- Coordination of the Program-level documentation and preparation of Design Description,
- Performance Analysis, Design Verification & Control Matrix, Test Reports.
- Analysis and simulation of digital signal processing algorithms in high-level language such as MATLAB.
- Analysis and simulation of RF sections using CAD tools (e.g. Microwave Office) or high-level language such as MATLAB.
Education and experience
- You have a Master Degree in Electrical or Telecommunication Engineering, with explicit focus on radio-communication design (System-level, RF, Digital Signal Processing).
- You are fluent in English both listening and reading.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in similar role.
Skills and knowledge
You have a demonstrable knowledge of:
- Radio-communication systems: modulation, demodulation, synchronization
- Matlab / Simulink programming
- Mixed-signal PCB design
- VHDL design
- Customer focused, proactive attitude
- Organized and methodical approach to the work with strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, to work autonomously and in team
- Strong attitude to achieve results within time and cost constraints
- Problem solving attitude