Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
A globally recognized space player in the fields of telecommunications, navigation, earth observation, exploration and the construction of orbital infrastructures, Thales Alenia Space is a Joint-Venture between the Thales groups (67% ) and Leonardo (33%).
In the frame of the above indicated organization, the candidate will have the following main tasks:
- Starting from a basic CAD layout perform the preparation of FEM mesh of parts and assemblies respecting the golden rules of FEM modelling;
- Performing of the FEM checks and model updating up to check requirements compliance;
- Perform FEM models suitable for system level static, dynamic analysis types with a degree of details and modelling realism adequate to recover displacements, accelerations and loads data either at the interfaces and internally;
- In the same models properly performs the simulation of hinges for kinematic and dynamic evaluations in multi-body configurations;
- Performing of pre-post solving operations on the models and relevant analyses data using MSC Patran/Nastran and ADAMS;
- Post-processing of results including MoS calculation for structural and kinematic couplings as required and including spread-sheets and plots preparation ;
- Verification of FEM as input of externally procured parts and relevant commenting for model check-out and updating up to final acceptance;
- Integration of the externally provided FEM into the system level model
- Synthetize and document the performed activities generating in autonomy the relevant outputs
Experience and skills:
- The candidate has a minimum of three years experience in the role of FEM Analyst wrt the mentioned topics.
- Previous experiences in designing/calculating multi-axial arm for pointing of space devices is a strong plus.
- Moreover the resource has knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Aerospace Engineering degree.
The resource has the following software skills as experienced knowledge of the following, as minimum:
- A CAD tool compatible with CATIA V files format input;
- MSC NASTRAN/ADAMS;
- Microsoft Office.
Behavior and personality:
- Multi-cultural mind-set
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Enjoys developing and performing through teamwork, and promoting improvements and change.
- Able to develop productive and effective relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Team work spirit
- Accuracy and focus on final result
- Willing to face challenges
- Dynamic and initiative spirit
Innovation, passion, ambition: join Thales and create the world of tomorrow, today.