Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
A globally recognized space player in the fields of telecommunications, navigation, earth observation, exploration and the construction of orbital infrastructures, Thales Alenia Space is a Joint Venture between the Thales groups (67% ) and Leonardo (33%).
The department of Electrical and Functional Assembly, Integration and Test is responsible of integration and testing at subsystem and system level with full functional validation of the whole spacecraft, on Avionic Test Bench and on Flight Models, typical of scientific/unique spacecraft.
Being a new development this would encompass the full testing of electrical interfaces between units and external environment (e.g. RF communication) in order to validate performance vs requirements and standards as well as the complete Functional Chain Validation (including closed-loop testing on AOCS and Mission Sequence Tests).
For this department we are looking for an Avionic Test Engineer for scientific spacecraft.
About the job
- In this role You will be in charge of validation of the spacecraft avionic interfaces both on ATB and Flight Model.
- It is your duty to evaluate and negotiate the test requirements and contribute to their finalization, working with Engineering and SubCo, then define, prepare, execute the tests and evaluate the results.
- Contribute and participate to relevant life-cycle review (PDR, CDR, TRR, DRB, as per ESA standards).
- Contribute to technical requirements for Avionic SCOE’s specification to ensure the availability of proper test execution means.
- Validate the fulfillment of all Customer electrical requirements, including relevant standards (e.g. 1553b, SpaceWire) and demonstrate that they are met with the design margins.
- Contribute to and supervise all spacecraft interfaces-related tests (e.g. data busses, C&C Ifs, P/L interfaces, Telemetry and Telecommand, sensors, actuators).
- Participate to system test definition and execution, with specific responsibility for conducted EMC tests definition and evaluation.
- Support and conduct all relevant troubleshooting and analysis in case of anomalies.
This is a permanent job.
The working site is Torino, but Your support can be required abroad during the external test campaign phases (up to two years) .
Working on shift 24h/7d across the full week may be required on the basis of program AIT schedule.
Education and experience
- You have a Master Degree in Electronic, with explicit focus on circuital design and test, C&C architectures, data communication and relevant protocols (e.g. CCSDS, ECSS P.U.S, SpaceWire, etc.) and measurements techniques.
- You have a fluent English (C1 and above certification).
- You have at least 2 years of experience in similar job.
Skills and knowledge
- You have a deep and practical knowledge of test instrumentation from oscilloscopes to VNA
You have a demonstrable knowledge of:
- Electronic Measurement theory, application and performance evaluation.
- Design and operation of dedicated test system
- Data Communication protocols
- It is considered a plus an in-depth knowledge of spacecraft communication protocols.
- Organized and methodical approach to the work with strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, to work autonomously or in team
- Strong attitude to achieve results within time and cost constraints
- Problem solving attitude
Innovation, passion, ambition: join Thales and create the world of tomorrow, today.
Job ID: R0100521