Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales Japan has been present in Japan for more than 40 years and has been responsible for expanding our business as well as supporting the local users. Thales objectives are to be an active and recognised partner for the development of infrastructure in Japan and to cooperate with Japanese companies in the export market for defence, transportation, aerospace, space and security.
FUNCTION: PROJECT MANAGER (PM)
RELATED SERVICE/UNIT: Digital Engineering & Services (DES), Mobile Connectivity Solutions (MCS)
1.) CORE MISSION
- She/he delivers the solution in compliance with customer requirements and Thales proposal.
- She/he drives the project by ensuring customer satisfaction, committed time and quality, project profitability and Thales/DES interests.
- For hosting projects: She/he delivers solutions compliant with the operation team requirements (internal customer) and makes sure the service will be operated easily, in a cost effective manner, maximizing revenue and margin.
She/he delivers the solution in compliance with customer requirements and Thales proposal
- Supporting pre sales team to perform quotation, schedules and feasibility study.
- Completing and validating the functional specifications with the customer.
- Writing the project management plan and making sure of its right monitoring.
- Managing project risks and related action plans.
- Managing customer interface.
- Managing procurement (in sense of hardware, 3rd party or any other sub contracting means).
- Managing changes (impacts and scope evolution requested by the customer or up sell) during the project.
- Reporting internally and externally on project progress and issues (responsible for alerts and escalations).
- Ensures the configuration management and archival of project artefacts.
- Delivering projects to customer in performing all related activities (acceptance…).
- Ensuring handover to the support team or specific internal/external interface.
- Providing feedback to product team and solution expert team with information from the field in order to improve Solution and Services offer.
- Ensuring practices related to the project are in line with Thales ethics and values.
She/he drives the project by ensuring customer satisfaction, committed time and quality, project profitability and Thales/DES interests.
- Growing long-term relationships with customers by continually seeking to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Anticipating clients needs and proposing alternative delivery solutions or business solution in cooperation with sales team.
- Managing and documenting any change request, help sales to ensure the customer perceive the value of the CR (up-sell).
- Applying the quality processes and using project management tools deployed in Services departments, in particular
- Tracking closely the time and costs spent on the project and the Estimate to Completion (ETC).
- Managing billing milestones within project work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Managing revenue recognition tasks and milestones within project work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Maintaining satisfaction within assigned project team and workload balancing.
For hosting projects: She/he delivers solutions compliant with Operation team requirements (internal customer) and makes sure the service will be operated easily, in a cost effective manner, maximizing revenue and margin.
- Managing integration of the solution into the managed services operational framework.
- Assisting the Service Delivery Manager in building the best operational strategy (monitoring, reporting, security, High Availability, performance, etc.).
- Coordinating the implementation of the content of the Operational Requirements Specification (ORS) document.
- Reviewing user experience on each use case and making sure it is optimized as much as possible (liaise with product team and solution expert team).
- Getting the full picture of service deployment (card profiles of subscriber, expected penetration, marketing actions, BAP validations, etc.) and preparing it.
- Ensuring that Data Center procedures are respected by the project team.
- Ensuring internal handover to the team in charge of support & maintenance or operations by leading the corresponding transfer.
- Coordinating with the Service Delivery Manager the production team presentation to the customer and responsibility handover.
3.) POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- ≥ 5 years as Project Manager.
- Excellent customer relationship management / communication.
- Expertise in people management and leadership.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Solid resource planning and problem-solving skills.
- Readiness to demonstrate a proactive attitude.
- Experience to work with the multi-national and multi-site environments.
- Fluent oral and written skills in both English and Japanese. § Strong teamwork skills and attention to detail.
- Working experience with Japanese Mobile Network Operators (MNO).
- PMP / ITIL certification.
- Technical knowledge on solution business (e.g. network, high availability, Cloud (AWS, GCP), etc).
- Technical knowledge on mobile phone applications.
- Technical knowledge on SIM card.
- Crisis and Risk management.
- Computer Science or Telecom Engineer/Master’s Degree Engineer/Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences or Telecom
- Fluent Japanese and English.
- Good translation skills from English to Japanese and vice versa.
Qualities expected by management
o Overall solution knowledge from Software/Server/application, from Project set-up to production deployment
o Master our Offer use cases and eco-system, Understand Integration and Validation activity
- Problem Solving Skills: Analyzing the situation through Risk Management to propose action plan – have all the facts and get full management support
- Ability to Delegate Tasks: Involve projects contributors, but still keep control of what is delivered, PM is the global Leader
- Integrity: Managing Sales / DES as moderator to reach common Project objectives
- Team-Building Skills: act as a Leader to animate the teams
- Cool Under Pressure: Share your concern, Be supported by your manager
- Inspires a Shared Vision: Convincing in collaborative mode
- Enthusiasm: “Can do” attitude
- Empathy: Listen and analyze individual feelings
- Good Communicator: You can be really good on above qualities, but if you are badly communicating it will destroy any positive other aspects
- Project performance
- Project quality
- On time delivery
- Customer satisfaction
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!