Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Production Line Sub-Assembly / Aerospace is one of the 5 Production Lines of the Naval Supply Chain (SC) organization.
That Production Line is accountable for the realization of assembly and test, up to Unit level / Building Blocks for Aerospace and Radar activities.
The team consists of around 80 people working in Production Engineering, Logistics, Planning, Manufacturing and Test, organized in 3 Work Cells + 1 Production Support Team.
Like for the entire Naval Supply Chain, that Production Line is facing a major ramp-up in the coming 2 years.
ABOUT THE JOB
You report to the Naval Industry & Supply Chain Director and you are in charge of Sub-assembly and Aerospace production activities. You’re a member of the SC Management Team.
Your main responsibilities :
- Manage the Production Line team (4 line managers / 2 Industrial Work Package Managers / total team 80 people) as an autonomous organization accountable for its own performance
- Lead and develop the team : strong focus on people development and engagement, execute hiring plan, develop skills (STEP process), follow yearly HR cycle (appraisal, talent review, professional development, training plan…)
- Define and implement the overall industrial structure (organization, staff and skills, investments, teaming, partnering, etc. ) covering all the fields of the production line, in accordance with the «Make, Team, Buy» policy and requirements in term of offset operations
- Meet Industrial targets with major stake on customer satisfaction (e.g. Quality, On Time Delivery, lead time improvement…) and competitiveness (production costs, work in progress,…)
- Define and manage the department budget
- Play a key role in introducing and managing change, and developing continuous improvement culture based on Lean and Industry 4.0 principles
- Accountable for all activities concerning management of the physical and related information flows. This includes the preparation, planning, and execution of procurement, production and delivery
- Guarantee the Manufacturing Engineering and validate the Industrialization of new products (from design phase, modelling to production) and the reliability and competitiveness of technological solutions
- Guarantee the effective deployment, maintenance and improvement of industrial tools and processes (ERP, Chorus, etc )
- You have a relevant Master degree (Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management…)
- Strong leadership skills and management of Supply Chain or multi-discipline team (at least 10 years experience as Line Manager)
- Proven records in a High Mix / High Tech / Low volume Supply Chain environment
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP…) is a plus
- Strong background in lean manufacturing (Black Belt or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of production IT Environment (ERP, PLM,…)
- Good knowledge of AS9100 certification
- Proven track record with transformation plan / change management
- You have already been part of a Management Team
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in “the best building in the Netherlands” (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!