PROJECT DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Thalēs does what needs doing, technology and capital being the drivers.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales has been present in the Philippines since 2002, and continues to support the country’s big ambitions in the aerospace, defence and digital security sectors. As a committed partner to the country, Thales works closely with key Filipino partners in the areas of digital identity and security, air traffic management and defence, where its technologies and services supplied Digital Identity & Security business lie at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. Thales employs a workforce of close to 200 employees in the Philippines, across two facilities in Manila and Laguna.
As a Project Development Engineer located in Makati City, Philippines, you will deliver software product on-time with expected quality.
A week in the life of a Development Engineer:
- You will be responsible for the development of Gemalto smart card SIM products (GSM, 3G, CDMA, LTE, 5G)
- You will participate in the implementation and validation of smart card operating systems, applications (java card and native) and electrical profiles within a project team structure, in accordance with institutionalized processes, tools and delivery standards
- You will collaborate with Technical Consultants through the use of industrialization tools to define the data interface and customer profiles including the electrical, data processing, graphical, and packaging requirements.
- You will provide technical support in the validation phase within a BAP project.
- You will manage and organize BAP projects from specification to BAP homologation by customers including the follow-up of project milestones in coordination with relevant teams and factories.
- You will deliver test cards according to schedule and quality specifications.
- You will support Thales Personalization Bureau on script deployment and testing activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: proficiency in C, C++, and/or Visual Basic programming language.
- It would be preferred if you have knowledge in Java and related experience with project or program management.
- You must be fluent in English or is confident enough to express himself or herself in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is responsible with strong sense of initiative, analytical with good verbal and written communication skills, a self-motivator and excellent team player, able to work under pressure.
- You must have a Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology
- We are looking for someone with more than 1-year experience as a Software Engineer, preferably in an embedded systems environment. However, fresh graduates with relevant academic project experience are welcome to apply.
- You must be able to travel occasionally outside the Philippines.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!