Thalēs does what needs doing, technology and capital being the drivers.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales has been present in the Philippines since 2002, and continues to support the country’s big ambitions in the aerospace, defence and digital security sectors. As a committed partner to the country, Thales works closely with key Filipino partners in the areas of digital identity and security, air traffic management and defence, where its technologies and services supplied Digital Identity & Security business lie at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. Thales employs a workforce of close to 200 employees in the Philippines, across two facilities in Manila and Laguna.
A week in the life of a Development Engineer:
- You will estimate workload including design, development, unitary tests and documentation updates.
- You will develop software and components according to coding rules and security constraints relative to the key management domain.
- You will manage unitary tests and validation of the software.
- You will maintain up-to-date documentation including SRS, SDD, USG and VTP for use by development team.
- You will ensure traceability by using Software Configuration Management tools.
- You will provide support level 3 with clear communication surrounding analysis, workarounds and software changes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed in this job, you must have: experience in the software development lifecycle, C programming in embedded environment
- It would be preferred if you have: hands-on experience with Python, Java, J2SE or J2EE, XML, Oracle and SQL databases, and Windows and Linux operating systems; knowledge in cryptography including symmetric and asymmetric algorithms
- You must be fluent in English and Filipino
- We would like someone to join our team who is excellent at time management, reactive, autonomous, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You must have a Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering or related field.
- We are looking for someone with 2 – 6 years of experience as a software engineer of embedded system.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!