Thalēs does what needs doing, technology and capital being the drivers.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales has been present in the Philippines since 2002, and continues to support the country’s big ambitions in the aerospace, defence and digital security sectors. As a committed partner to the country, Thales works closely with key Filipino partners in the areas of digital identity and security, air traffic management and defence, where its technologies and services supplied Digital Identity & Security business lie at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. Thales employs a workforce of close to 200 employees in the Philippines, across two facilities in Manila and Laguna.
As a Software Engineer – Validation and Integration for the Identity & Biometric Solutions (IBS) Delivery Center (DC) team located in Makati City, Philippines, you will contribute to various projects in many countries in the scope of Government Programs (i.e. electronic passport, national ID, driver’s license, healthcare, etc.). You will be responsible for the validation, integration and deployment of software and hardware components.
- You will be responsible for the validation of products (applications, libraries, system and solutions of software and hardware components), plan and guarantee the optimal test strategy within an optimal cost.
- You will be responsible for the development and execution of automated and manual tests.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end solution integration.
- You will be responsible for preparing the development and test environment.
- You will be responsible for solution installation/configuration/deployment (configuration management, OS/Application installation, testing).
- You will be responsible for producing all the documentation related to these activities: Validation Test Plan, Integration Test Plan, Test & Integration Scenarios, Deployment Plan, Acceptance Test Plan and Training to Thales, partner and customer staffs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: Experience with core technologies such as XML and XML Schema, web services, HTTP, SSL, administration of application servers (IBM WebSphere, JBoss, TomCat, GlassFish) and Windows server (AD, DNS), SQL and Oracle database, and knowledge in validation methodologies and tools.
- Good programming skills (scripting language, Java or C#, Android) is a plus.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is motivated by technical topics, autonomous, rigorous, pragmatic, a team player in a diverse environment, a strong communicator, able to propose solutions, proactive, innovative, able to work under pressure, passionate on problem solving, strong analytical skills with customer and service-oriented mindset.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering/Information Technology/Computer Science.
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in the software validation and integration.
- You must be able to travel internationally up to 30% of the time for customer briefings (occasionally, short/medium duration).
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!