Equipment Mechanical Engineer
Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales is launching its New World Wide manufacturing 4.0 program to automatize Passport & card manufacturing Lines and searches for experienced engineers to join local and worldwide teams.
- Development of concepts and selection of technical solutions for new automation and robotics systems for Passport & ID, Banking Card manufacturing line
- Project of existing production line conversion into full automatic and robot / cobot system integration
- Implementation of automation and robotics solutions on production lines
- Project documentation management:technical specification, planning, action plan
- Project coordination in the factory or externally in supplier or customer premises
- Supervising the commissioning of new robotic production machinery
- Supplier selection for complete system integration: machine modification / cobot or robot system integration
- Programming and commissioning of PLC, HMI and SCADA automation systems
- Optimizing existing production lines to improve efficiency
- Identification of problems and implementation of preventive solutions
- Team work with manufacturing process engineer, corporate technical team, quality, security
- Preparation of reports and analyzes of automated production processes
- Local role will also support production and maintenance in solving technical problems
- Local role will require traveling for medium term mission (2 to 3 weeks/month) on suppliers or customers factories
- Worldwide role will supervise the deployment of such systems in other locations (Singapore, Finland) – possible mission from 3 to 6 months
- Higher technical education: Engineer
- Experience as a robotics engineer, implementation of modern technologies and processes,
- Experience in launching automated, robotic production systems
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of issues in the field of automation and robotics, machine construction, mechanical engineering, electrics, electronics, pneumatics, electrical engineering
- Fluent English
- Team work
- Coordination & communication skills
- Initiative in action
- Curious and Innovative
What we offer:
- In our company we cultivate loyalty, partnership and respect, where a teamwork is a key factor in our growth
- If you decide to join our team, you will pursue your career in an international company and take part in delivering unique products to customers
- We will sign an employment contract with you
- You will join a team that is ready to cooperate and you will contribute to creating positive environment
- You will receive the opportunity to improve your skills and professional development e.g. access to free language learning platform
- You will work from our modern office located in Tczew (near to Gdańsk)
- You can get financial rewards in our Employee referral program
- In addition, we offer you a wide range of benefits, i.e. group life insurance, private medical care co-funded by the company, a doctor’s office on the premises, commute allowance and free parking space for employees, co-financing lunches, fruits once a week, social fund (e.g. summer and winter allowance, Multisport card), the Runner’s Club (reimbursement of the cost of starter packages up to PLN 250 per year).
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!