Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
EDISOFT, a Thales Group company, is focused on providing the most advanced solutions in the Aeronautics, Space, Security and Defense domain.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to be part of an agile SCRUM team responsible for developing the next Airport Tower Traffic control system.
As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with System Engineers for requirements gathering and specification. You will improve and develop new features with the team by following a robust development process (unit tests, code reviews, SOLID principles). You will provide feedback and suggestions for software and processes improvement, as well as work in development best practices, continuous integration and testing. You will participate in the growth and improvement of development best practices, continuous integration and testing. You will also have the chance of improving your knowledge in Air Traffic Management systems.
- Degree in Computer or Aerospace Engineering or similar;
- Proficiency in development with C++;
- Knowledge of the following programming languages: ANSI-C, C# and Java;
- Development in continuous integration environments and usage of Jenkins and SonarQube;
- Good knowledge of integration and validation in Linux environments;
- Good command of English.
- Ability to work and communicate in an international and multicultural environment;
- Knowledge/experience in CORBA;
- High aptitude for learning and a high degree of self-motivation;
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities;
- Knowledge of French is a plus;
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!