IFE Junior Field Services Engineer – Saudi National
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide elementary in-airline and on-wing support on Thales IFE system in terms of
- Software & Content upgrades
- In-service fault finding and diagnosis
- Carry out corrective actions
- Entry-into-service support
- Fly-along support
- Conduct surveys on the installed systems to assist and provide basic guidance to the Airline personnel in troubleshooting the system.
- Provide information and communications to customers for proper operation and/or good understanding of issues.
- Regular communications with Customer Services Manager, Thales Airline Operations Center and Thales Program/Engineering to ensure all parties are regularly informed of status, challenges and accomplishments.
- Ensure the correct software; hardware and database are installed on the aircraft.
- Prioritizes tasks based on rapidly changing conditions, meets deadlines and supports team members as needed.
- Work with field team in providing all the support required by the customers including training, documentation, test equipment and logistics matters.
- Support and work towards the organizational, team as well as individual objectives
- Maintain a professional, positive and constructive relationship with the customers as well as internal Thales team members.
- Adaptability and flexibility regarding working out of hours/weekends/off duty days to support the Airline Operator is essential to the position. Aircraft schedule dictates hours required.
- Be able to travel on short notice to support customer locations (primarily domestic) sometimes for extended periods.
- Understands and complies with all Aviation Legal, Safety and Health regulations.
- Maintain site office and support equipment/tools as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 02 years of experience in Aviation Industry preferably in Engineering and/or maintenance of Aircraft systems (preferably Avionics and/or IFE).
- Fresh graduates with passion to work for the aviation industry are also welcome to apply.
- Saudi Nationals only.
QUALIFICATION, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors in / Computer / IT or relevant Engineering ( Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunications or Computer Engineering) and should be certified by Saudi Engineering of Council (SEC)
- Capability to comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction.
- Knowledge of reading aviation documents such as ICD, AMM, IPC, WDM, SCM preferable.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic and digital networks. Ability to troubleshoot complex networks.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must pass extensive security, and background checks.
- Must be available to work in shifts.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Good oral and written skills in English.
- Good knowledge in Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access)
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge of Linux OS.
- Take care of your own safety and the safety of others as far as practicable.
- To be aware of, and play an active role in the achievement of Thales HSE policy & objectives.
- Comply with local HSE laws and legislation.
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended.
- Lead by example and actively encourage departments to look at ways to conserve water & energy, minimize the generation of waste, and encourage recycling.
- Every one within Thales has the right to stop work if they believe that their activities may affect their health and safety or that of others. In this circumstance, such conditions must be reported immediately to their line manager and the HSE department.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!