Building a future we can all trust.
Job ID: R0134352
Location: Bucharest, București, Romania
Regular Employment, Full time
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
MEDIUM/SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER FOR SPACE GROUND SEGMENTS PROJECTS
You have confirmed experience in software development life cycle, software testing tools, agile development methods, applications deployment on cloud, cloud usage definition (sizing, set-up, administration from user point of view), network and it security, quality metrics tools, configuration management tools, anomalies and ticketing tools, collaborative development frameworks. you wish to continue in this field by bringing your know-how in a stimulating environment, a structure dynamic driven by three pillars (excellence, transparency and team spirit). you should work in an agile team as an active member able to manage all kinds of problems in hybrid infrastructure and application in objective to maintain services available and act anticipatively.
- Do you have cross-functional knowledge of virtualization environments (vmware, kubernetes, docker, openstack), operating systems, cloud providers (ovh, aws, azure, gcp) and networks (load balancing, firewall, etc.) ?
- Automation and services availability is your obsession and your first foreign language is scripting (ansible, shell, python, perl, bash…) ?
- Do you have general notion regarding network, system (windows/unix), application debugging ?
Required competencies / experience:
- Confirmed with proven track experience on outsourcing cloud platform, cloud projects delivery, network & monitoring, virtualization with vmware
- Ability to design technical solutions regarding environment constraints
- Investigate and implement corrections of anomalies & maintenance of systems/middleware/solution to deliver the service
- Ability to estimate workload & detect platform needs
- Support for the qualification of new profiles & operational follow-up of junior employees
- Usage of tools like gitlab, jenkins, jira
Requested competencies / experience:
- Ability to integrate a space application project team to bring your technical knowledge for the benefit of software production, integration, delivery and operation
- Analysis of needs and practices / writing of technical procedure/specification
- Coding & testing regarding iac –v infrastructure as code & integration/deployment activities & mro/mrs activities
- Code review and centralization of practices
- Some notion about middleware maintenance of artifactory, keycloak, gitlab, jenkins, midpoint, sonarcube, jira.
- English fluent
- French written (highly desired) / spoken (desired)
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- Be autonomous and proactive on your tasks
- Teamwork and knowledge sharing
- Sense of responsibility
- Challenge and learning mindset