Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
- Support the Head of LORADS-III projects in the execution of ATM Projects with CAAS, by taking the responsibility for delegated topics, including but not limited to:
- Management of subcontracts,
- Management of Customer Furnished Equipment and Information,
- Oversight of site activities;
- Manage the execution of delegated ATM Projects with CAAS:
- Responsible for delivery on-time and to budget,
- Overall accountability for the Quality of projects deliveries and Customer satisfaction,
- Responsible to attain financial objectives (Sales, Gross Margin, Cash),
- Manage subcontracted deliverables;
- monthly on progress on activities related to the project(s) with a particular focus on risks and mitigation actions. Report on an ad-hoc basis when necessary;
- Ensure the good functioning and growth of the Airspace Mobility Solutions (AMS) Singapore Branch, including:
- Coordination of activities with Thales Singapore,
- Real estate and office management,
- Coordination with support functions such as IS/IT, HR, finance, etc. ;
- Coordinate with Engineering the industrial setting between Singapore and Melbourne in order to maximise efficiency and ensure Projects outcomes, and contribute to the definition of a regional support centre,
- Support Business Development (BD) activities related to our Singaporean Customer (CAAS), in coordination with the BD function, Key Account Manager and Sales Managers within the AMS Business Line,
- Maintain and further improve the Relationship with CAAS in coordination with the head of LORADS-III projects and the Key Account Manager.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in program management and/or technical disciplines (e.g. Systems Engineering)
- 5 years of experience in a Project Management role, handling projects related to systems engineering/integration or software.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and with a variety of international partners.
- Proven track record demonstrating effective project execution and achieved commitments.
- Language: fluent English mandatory, Mandarin would be a plus.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency in the Airspace Mobility Solutions (AMS) domain in Asia will be a strong plus.
- Experience in managing Bids and delivering offers.
- Know-how in implementing new technologies.
- Aptitude to work effectively as part of a team.
- Sound judgement and independent decision-making capability where necessary.
- Resilience under pressure.
- Capacity to learn quickly.
- Capability to engage various stakeholders having different objectives.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!