Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
The Solution Engineering Manager (SEM) will provide a single point of contact for all the customer and Assigned Maintenance Agent service requests throughout the support phase of the project (ad-hoc enhancement projects including major development and integration activities). This will allow Thales to provide a prompt response for all repair requests as well as providing consistency and accuracy of repairs tracking data.
The SEM will manage all service activities in Singapore not requiring factory resources including:
- Managing (with the Software Engineering Manager) software defects analysis and/or corrections accepted through CCBs;
- Managing hardware repair activities;
- Co-ordination of all Thales sub-contractor support services including Radar support services with Thales France;
- Provision of technical expertise as appropriate; and
- Perform a liaison role between customer/Assigned Maintenance Agent and Thales Project Manager.
During the Project Phase, the Solution Engineering Manager will hold regular Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings with customer/Assigned Maintenance Agent to:
- Validate reported PCRs as either relevant or non-relevant;
- Validate the severity rating applied by customer/Assigned Maintenance Agent to determine the priority rating for the correction of each PCR;
- Review and apply complexity ratings to each PCRs in order to determine the responsible party for rectification of each PCR.
- Discuss and confirm with customer/Assigned Maintenance Agent PCR corrections that are being provided within each software release.
- Obtain acceptance for PCR corrections with customer / Assigned Maintenance Agent.
In support of the delivery of CVPs of the contract, the SEM will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that all commitment ofCVP Engineering work packages are met (scope/cost/quality/schedule/communications/risk)
- Identify/Review risks, and propose effective solutions; execute mitigation actions and report on outcomes/cost savings and residual risks
- Operational (and functional if applicable) Piloting of a multi-discipline team in charge of the CVP development
- Prepare and lead the monthly WPPR/TFR; organise all internal Work Package reviews
- Manage the Project Baseline
- Active member of the project core team, contributing to the overall efficiency of the project execution
- Ensure application of HSE directive, contribute and motivate the team to limit HSE hazard and risks
- Contribute to the optimization of the engineering (across projects) focusing on the efficiency of project execution (structure, role, interface)
- Mobilize and organise the project team around a shared vision & objectives
- Develop confidence: take full responsibility for the output of the team
- Communicate, analyse, plan and report as necessary to align team capability and customer expectations
- Attend regular departmental meetings with manager to build in continuous feedback mechanisms
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff via staff meetings, written communications and one-on-one communication. Interact and work with management/employees to promote teamwork
Technical & Process Axis
- Consolidate all the project development to optimize execution of applicable component road-maps
- Define, develop and keep operational the means (platforms, etc,…) necessary to implement the project
- Provide the senior expertise in the functionality definition of the system
- Apply applicable process & tools; define and maintain the necessary adjustments
- Promote exchange and challenging of solutions within and outside the team
- Support continuous improvement of processes and working practices
- Ensure the capitalization process and knowledge sharing
- Provide technical guidance, advice and consulting as required to internal and external clients
- Participate in technical reviews and workshops and project reviews as appropriate for the program. Similarly participate in peer reviews as required
- Produce/Review Engineering Cost estimates for any modification proposals to the functional baseline in the context of projects/bids
- Degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with work package management and strong knowledge on System/Software Engineering
- 6 – 10 years of relevant Engineering experience with few years in a people management role
- Clear understanding of System/Software Engineering processes
- Experience in full software development lifecycle including processes and responsibilities at each stage in the cycle
- Experience in customer management/interfacing/engagement
- Financial/Budgetary control of work packages or segments
- Earn Value management – Work Package control and reporting
- Scheduling Tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
- Experience in implementing projects with major cyber-security requirements
- Able to work in an autonomous environment
- Comfortable to work with remote team
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!