In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
- Overall responsible for execution & delivering CINTRA Research Technology & Innovation (RTI) challenge
- Support TRT Director to improve interaction with TRT network, KTDs, GBUs, Domains and CBUs on Nanomaterials
- Improve and maintain interactions with CNRS & NTU
- Identification of key nano-materials research contributing to strategic growth of HW domain in Singapore and Thales Group
- Identification of new areas of nano-materials research of relevance to Thales (KTD, GBUs CBUs, TRT, Singapore)
- Ph.D in Physics/Material Science (preferred) or Hardware Engineering (electronic/mechanical), with good scientific credentials
- At least 3 years working experience in R&T, project management, stakeholder management
- Familiar with lab environment
- Industrial experience highly preferred OR academic background and has experience collaborating with research institutions
- Knowledge of nanotechnologies (physics, processes) desirable
- Good understanding of Techno-push & Customer value-pull complementary approaches
- Good knowledge of Patents and Inventions processes
- General knowledge of contractual Intellectual Property terms & conditions
- Understanding project lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!