Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales.
Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for achieving annual sales targets; maintaining key accounts; long-term relationships and maximizing sales opportunities to grow the Thales business in the aerospace and avionic markets.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND JOB DETAILS
- Identify an generate new business from existing clients in area of responsibility
- Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business
- Focus on growing and developing existing clients
- Perform an integral role in bids for new business with existing clients
- Provide key interface between customer in area of responsibility and all relevant Thales divisions
- Provide leadership to promote Thales portfolio per domain
- Formulate country strategic plan per domain
- Provide leadership to achieve annual order intake targets
- Ensure effective on-boarding of new customers
- Achieve assigned annual sales and profit targets
- Build effective relationships with customers
- Ensure customer needs and expectations are met by the company
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate that customer needs on ongoing basis
- Provide leadership to the solution development effort to address customer needs
- Proactively address customer issues and make sure they are closed to the customer satisfaction.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings to Thales standards
Key Account Plans
- Formulate key account plans to Thales standards.
- Coordinate the involvement of all necessary Thales personnel towards providing customer solution in area of responsibility
- Lead the effort to achieve customer satisfaction and problem resolution with technical divisions in Thales
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years sales and account management experience
- Minimum of 5 years customer interaction experience
- Proven track record of sales growth
- Experience in commercial/financial/bid qualification
- Comprehensive understanding of aerospace and/or avionic industry and trends.
- Knowledge of sales management
- Knowledge of relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Proficient at deal closure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skills (win-win)
- Analytical skills
- Leadership (motivational)
- Team building
- Trend identification
- Message planning
- Strategic planning
- Information and knowledge management
- Sound listening skills
- Excellent persuasive presentation skills
- Application of knowledge of specific domain
- Excellent problem identification and solving skills
- Sound brand building skills
Attributes and related abilities
- Creativity and innovation
- Ability to work both independently/self-motivation
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain focus
- Ability to delivery on tight deadlines
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Time management
- Self-driven, results driven
- Customer focus and orientation
- Ability to inspire others
- Risk tolerance
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!