Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales in Spain is a leader in technological solutions applied to Defence, Aeronautics, Security, Transportation and Space and, furthermore, is a global centre for excellence in Space, Security of Critical Infrastructures and Transportation. With a turnover of €320 million and a staff of 1,200, it exports approximately 40% of its total production principally to the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America.
As part of the Passive RF & Subsystems Product Line, the candidate will join an enthusiast team, in charge of designing, developing and testing communication subsystems and passive RF equipment.
The candidate will therefore:
- Participate actively in the architectural design of the subsystem;
- Dimension/analyse the subsystem to achieved the required performances;
- Document the design, prepare test procedures, test reports, test plans;
- Follow the project cycle from beginning to final delivery, including the assistance to integration and test;
- Teamwork with several other departments: mechanical, components, purchasing etc.
- Follow-up subcontractors of subsystems elements.
- Telecommunication Engineer (MSc), or equivalent, with specialization on radio frequency electronics and digital communications;
- Relevant experience in the development and validation of RF & data transmission subsystems up to Ka-band;
- Experience on digital communication: modulation schemes, error correction coding, characterization of communication links (channel distortion, EVM, BER, FER);
- Use of test instrumentation: Spectrum Analysers, Network Analysers, Signal Analyzers, Logic Analyzers, Data Patterns Generators, Oscilloscopes, BER tester;
- Habituated to work in multidisciplinary teams, including external subcontractor follow-up;
- Experience in space sector. Knowledge of space programs design rules and standards;
- Engineering tools: ADS, MATLAB, C/C++;
- Proficient in English. Spanish knowledge recommendable;
- Team player, accountable and proactive;
- Flexible and versatile, prone to learn and develop new competences;
- Capable to solve engineering problems within risk, cost & schedule constraints;
- Willing to face challenges;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in passive RF design (filters, multiplexers, ..) in high frequencies (wave guide, resonant cavities);
- Knowledge of RF simulation software like HFSS / CST / Mician;
- Digital Signal Processing and Software-Defined Radio;
- C/C++, Pspice;
- Third language: French or German.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!