Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet’s resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. Thales Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
Solution Engineering Manager in space travel at our location in Zurich in Switzerland.
This includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate Design and Analysis activities of the Opto-Electronics Systems and in particular Optical Terminal in collaboration with Architect and IVVQ Teams
- Stimulate and monitor process improvements in the engineering domain
- Lead and drive engineering activities and allocated team
- Seek and maintain back-up solutions for critical components and sub-systems
- Trigger externalization activities for unavailable competences
- Ensure analysis activities to confirm technical margins and manufacturability and testability (DfM, DfT)
- Design to cost
- Ensure delivery of manufacturing files
- Contribute to Engineering plans maintenance
- Degree in engineering, aerospace, electronics/photonics and or microtechniques
- 7 years of relevant working experience in related fields
- Engineering experience in one or more of the above domains
- Experience in AIT campaigns for E/O equipment
- Systems Engineering thinking and experience
- Strong Leadership, Motivation and Delegation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer handling skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English; other languages are of advantage
- Ready for un-frequent travel
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7156 353 42869
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal.
For more information about Thales as an employer, visit www.thalesgroup.com/career
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!