Building a future we can all trust
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
- Supervises installation activities of the signalling wayside equipment, ensuring application of standards, practices/procedures, quality, assurance
- Monitors and reports installation sub-contractor installation quality and progress
- Supervises commissioning tests at project sites
- Investigates test anomalies through analysis of data files, design documentation and interaction with development departments
- Prepares problem reports in the defect tracking system describing test failures and defects
- Supports Safety team for site verification activities
- Liaises with Installation Subcontractor and CAD team to support the submission of As-built drawings
- Carries out all assigned work efficiently, with a minimum of supervision,
- Expedites response and deliverables (documents & including engineering drawings, specifications, design reports and calculations, equipment details and other project information).Understand the design and specifications of detailed Transport Communication solution, including
- Understand the design and specifications of detailed Signalling solution, including
- Interpreting requirement of detailed design,
- Interfacing with customer engineer,
- Interfacing with other system-wide designers for service definition,
- Interfacing with suppliers and vendors for product definition,
- Diploma / Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Telecommunications Engineering
- 5 Years of direct experience in implementing telecommunications networks.
- Good knowledge of Railway Telecommunications industry:
- Station/Trackside/Trainborne transmission and backbone network,
- Railway network standards,
- Telecommunication systems including Radio, CCTV, Telephone, Clock, PA/PIS systems.
- Some knowledge of EMC/EMI in Railway is a plus
- Professional knowledge and experience in network detailed design and implementations:
- Network technologies including SDH, MPLS-TP, IP, IP/MPLS, Ethernet etc,
- Network detailed design, administration, troubleshooting, capacity optimization,
- Network security design and implementation,
- Cable network design (fibre, copper, structured cabling),
- Wifi Network Design (802.11series)
- Able to use a range of IT tools.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!