Building a future we can all trust.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure. Thales has been present in Thailand since the early 1990s, opening its first representative office in Bangkok in 2005.
Today, Thales Thailand employs 45 people, and has numerous programmes and achievements to its name in both the civil and defense sectors. The Group is a long-term strategic supplier of defense systems for the Royal Thai Army and Navy. In aerospace, Thales plays a key strategic role, delivering country-wide solutions to Thai customers in the area of air traffic management, radars and navigation aids. Thales is supplying ground transportation solutions to the main and urban rail lines in the area of signaling and fare collection. As a Sales Engineer based in Bangkok, you will be responsible for providing Business Development and technical pre-sales related to all Thales DIS CPL authentication products within the assigned territory.
A week in the life of a Sales Engineer:
- Assist sales team to identify, qualify and quantify all opportunities within the assigned territory and leads sales effort
- Is responsible for Business Development and technical pre-sales and for all assigned products
- Work with the sales team to develop and enhance customer and partner relationships
- Create and deliver accurate and technically correct sales presentations and RFI/RFP’s both directly to end users and partners
- Involved in communication with customer and partners on product changes, upgrades and innovations
- Provides feedback and marketing intelligence to sales team and the product marketing team to ensure company products remain competitive in the market
- Facilitate escalation of critical post-sales issues with technical support team to achieve unsurpassed customer satisfaction
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge in Information security principles and practices is a plus; especially authentication technologies
- Knowledge in Active Directory and authentication protocols and specifications: SAML, OpenID, LDAP, Kerberos, FIDO.
- Experience in any of the following is also desirable and welcomed:
- o2-Factor Authentication (PKI or OTP), SAML, Single Sign On, Federation Identity Management.
- o PCI compliance, Data Privacy Law, GDPR, Mandatory Data Breach Notification
- Knowledge in solution integration experience; experience in deploying web servers, java application servers and database servers; experience in Windows/Linux system administrations.
- CISSP, CISA is a plus
- We would like someone to join our team who has strong communication, negotiation, analytical skills. You must be result-oriented and customer focused.
- You need to have a Bachelor degree in MIS, Computing or similar subjects
- We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years technical experience in the IT industry and with at least 3 years’ experience in a customer facing role
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!