Data Science Intern
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s airport.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis, presenting results in a clear manner and transfer it to the projects to create value
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Build and present strategies to improve performance of machine learning models.
- Research on artificial intelligence technologies to answer a business need.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for data analysis in order to define and deliver Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrations, implementation and integration of AI based systems.
Programming: Python, SQL, Scala, Java, R, MATLAB (one of the list)
Artificial Intelligence: Natural Language Processing, Classification, Clustering, Ensemble methods, Deep Learning
Data Visualization: Power BI, Python, Java, R libraries, Excel
Big data platforms: MongoDB, Oracle, Microsoft Azure, Cloudera
Educational : In a master’s degree in computer science/statistics/mathematics fields
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team work and willing to perform trough cooperation.
- Strong attention to details.
- Willingness for change and solving problem.
- Be passionate about digital transformation.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Data oriented.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!