Operations Data Analyst
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s airport.
Identifying problems, finding solutions and communicating the required implementation processes. Leading change processes, performance measurement and optimization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Develop reports and analysis with and for Operation departments
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Set-up the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests, implementing new or upgraded software, and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Programming: SQL, DAX
Data Visualization: Power BI, Power Apps
Educational: Studying in Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and willing to perform trough cooperation.
- Strong attention to details.
- Willingness for change and solving problem.
- Be passionate about digital transformation.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Data oriented.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!