Thales Group is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Role: IAS Project Quality Engineer (Fixed Term Contract – 12 months)
Do you like the idea of being able to implement change and put your mark on a project?
Well our IAS team has just that opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for a Project Quality Engineer to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract (with potential to extend).
- We are looking for people that familiar with the implementation and analysis of improving quality and productivity across multi-function teams.
- You will be helping to audit skills and make sure that where appropriate we meet professional standards/governance.
- This role will have you covering areas including Bids, Projects, Operations, Engineering and supplier management networking across multiple departments and managing various Senior Stake holders.
- The team itself is made up of 20 people and has a strong culture of trusting you to cover your work load with no micromanagement, that being said communication will be key.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with quality, manufacturing and hardware as well as experience with configuration management processes and techniques.
- Additional project management skills or certifications such as Prince 2, APMP / PMP etc…. would be very beneficial but are by no means essential.
If you are interested in the opportunity please submit your CV and apply via the Thales website for further information.
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!