Galileo G2 System Test Bed Manager
THE EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Job Req ID: 12499
Closing Date: 23 August 2021
Vacancy Type: Permanent
ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
You will be responsible for the definition, design, qualification and operation of the full Galileo 2nd Generation (G2G) System Test Bed, the related procurement activities, and the Test Bed’s contribution to the G2G System verification and validation. In the current phase of the project, you will establish and coordinate activities within the Programme and with industrial consortia, and liaise internally within the Agency and with external entities in the development of your duties. You will report to the Head of the G2G System Engineering Unit.
The G2G System Test Bed is a system verification and validation facility that provides the following capabilities: general support to system validation for G2G, including the evolution of Galileo 1st Generation services; demonstration of G2G new services in the initial phases of the G2G deployment; support to the In-Orbit Testing of new G2G system capabilities for the different increments of the Ground Segment and the Constellation; testing and quality assessment of legacy Galileo 1st Generation and new G2G SIS components; prototyping of the generation of new navigation mission products and new services data and end-to-end support; dissemination; and generation of reference products.
- Leading the use case definition, specification and design of the G2G System Test Bed in coordination with experts for the different (unclassified and classified) services under implementation in G2G, and with the engineers in charge of the System specification, its design and the System Integration and Verification;
- Acting as Technical Officer for the G2G System Test Bed procurement activities, monitoring them to ensure cost and schedule are met;
- Leading the implementation, verification and validation of the G2G System Test Bed as per the Agency’s needs;
- Leading the contribution of the G2G System Test Bed to the System Integration and Verification plan and its execution in order to qualify the different G2G System builds;
- Contributing to the G2G system architecture and operations concept in your area of expertise;
- Coordinating with the Space Segment and Ground Segment teams in your area of expertise;
- Acting as focal point in your area of expertise within the Agency and with the Programme and external partners;
- Generating lessons learned and contributing to Knowledge Management initiatives in the Directorate of Navigation.
In executing your tasks, you will coordinate a support team and cooperate closely with other team members working on System design and verification, in particular with system engineers, system security engineers, performance and RAMS engineers, signal and receiver engineers, and system architects. You will also cooperate with Space Segment, Ground Segment, and other teams in the Directorate of Navigation, Technical Directorate and ESA.
- Knowledge and experience in management of industry contracts for technology and product development
- Knowledge of GNSS Systems
- Knowledge and Experience on a number of the following areas related to GNSS: Receivers, Signal Data Quality assessment, Performance Assessment, and Orbit Determination and Time Synchronisation
- Knowledge and Experience in System Engineering
A Master’s degree in telecommunications engineering or a similar field is required for this post.
The closing date for applications is 23 August 2021.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
For more information on how to apply, please click the “Apply” button.