The candidate is expected to perform research related to GNSS signal processing tracking techniques, which will involve several phases as follows:
- Definition of BOC, ALTBOC and Metasignal tracking techniques
- Theoretical derivation of the ALTBOC Metasignal spectrum
- Definition and development of tracking processing of the BOC and ALTBOC signals for validation of NSSTC GNSSaS Stage 1 Technology Demonstrator satellite.
- Optimization / modification of the developed signal processing for robust tracking robustness that is necessary to process a GNSS signal received from a low Earth Orbit satellite, which has high Doppler dynamic. Pseudorange and carrier phase measurements shall be demonstrated to be produced with a high availability and very low cycle slip rates.
- Validation of the optimized tracking algorithms on the signal samplings recorded in the laboratory, starting with a comparison of the digitized and theoretical BOC and ALTBOC Metasignal spectra.
- Optionally, early tracking processing of digitized “GNSSaS-Stage1” signals received from space will be made if the related recordings are available in time.
- Disseminate results via peer-reviewed journals.
- Maintain the GNSS ground station signal analysis station