TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 350 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
TSC is seeking a Procurement with an aim to provide significant supply chain value for the company and continually improve the organization as a result. This team is responsible for the sourcing of components for our WhiteKnightTwo (WK2) and SpaceShipTwo (SS2) vehicles and other programs as they arise. A strong background in aerospace is essential.
- Identify suppliers and issue Purchase Orders for Materials/Parts/Services as required
- Monitor and coordinate expediting activity
- Work closely with Production and Production Planning managers, as well as with the Engineering team, to determine current and future purchasing needs
- Assist Category Managers with and represent TSC in negotiations with suppliers
- Work with suppliers to monitor order status in support of overall organizational schedules and goals and relay any pertinent information to the internal customers being supported.
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines
What you bring
- 1+ year work experience in purchasing, supply chain or inventory is preferred. However, a combination of administrative, purchasing, inventory management, logistics or supply chain will be considered.
- Possess an established track record of procuring complex systems and structures, especially within an aviation or manufacturing setting..
- Ability to evaluate procurement bids in accordance with established criteria.
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality.
- Knowledge of internal and external auditing.
- Experience and strong computer skills using MS Office Suite and various MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to document work in progress and maintain effective records.
- Ability to perform complex tasks, as well as analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Good negotiation, conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable purchasing experience.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Req No. 2020-6032