The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For our biggest client, ESA/ESTEC, we are looking for a Thermal and Mechanical Testing Technician for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Thermal Analysis and Verification Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL). He/she will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory;
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities;
- Make regular progress reports;
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
- Technical degree (BSc, diploma or equivalent) from a recognized institution or equivalent with minimum 4 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge and practical experience of thermal/mechanical testing of space equipment, associated measurement techniques, and vacuum technologies are important assets;
- Specific knowledge and experience in vibration testing is an asset;
- Strong background in environmental testing and thermal verification;
- Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians;
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems;
- Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance calibration data acquisition.
What Do We Offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.