Altran Italia is looking for a Thermal Fluid Dynamics Engineer to be involved in Energy, Industry & Life Sciences Division, Milan site.
- The ideal candidate will lead activities related to Design and Validation of thermal solutions for industrial products (consumer goods).
- The main activities will be related to drive experimental testing validation in the laboratory, numerical vs experimental correlation and analysis of results, according to project specifications and time deadlines.
- The candidate will interface strongly with other designer specialists, as well as with the project responsible.
Ideal candidates have a Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or equivalent and have gained at least 2 years of experience.
- Strong thermodynamics and fluid dynamics background;
- Experience in numerical CFD analysis: mesh definition and suitability, boundary conditions and solver setup;
- Experience in experimental testing and good knowledge of instrumentation for thermal and flow field characterization;
- Good knowledge of mechanical design and CAD modeling;
- Good knowledge of CFD tools: Ansys Fluent, Star CCM+ and Comsol Multiphysics will be preferred;
- Fluent English knowledge, oral and written;
- Teamworking attitude and strong problem solving capabilities;
- Availability to travel.
- Statistical data analysis and DOE methodologies knowledge will be considered as a plus;
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software will be considered an asset;
- Planning and activities coordination and supervising;
- Ability to handle difficult situations and out-planning issues;
- Capability of self-manage workload through different tasks;
- Communication skills.
Legally protected status will be considered as an asset.