Electric Propulsion and Plasma Physics Internship
We are highly educated world experts in satellite space propulsion, pioneering the field of streamlined in-orbit propulsion for the rising satellite constellation paradigm.
Start date: April 2023
Duration: 4 months minimum (6 preferred)
ThrustMe is a fast-growing industrial engineering startup in the space sector, founded in 2017. We are highly educated world experts in satellite space propulsion, pioneering the field of streamlined in-orbit propulsion for the rising satellite constellation paradigm. We help our clients in the US, Europe, and Asia, to maneuver satellites once in space while meeting their short timelines and cost-capped budgets. The company made history in 2019 and 2020 with the world’s first in-orbit demonstrations of iodine-fueled electric propulsion systems, technologies that will revolutionize the satellite mobility industry.
ThrustMe offers internship opportunities for students with coursework/laboratory experience in electric propulsion and plasma physics, focusing on novel research topics as well as development of existing products. ThrustMe can support students through their end-of-studies thesis, for which this internship is suitable.
- Analyse and simulate plasma phenomena involved in the products and research projects.
- Set up and perform experiments.
- Regularly report to the internship supervisor
- Pursuing a degree in physics or engineering.
- Relevant coursework in electric propulsion or plasma physics.
- Some laboratory or other practical student experience is highly desirable.
- Willing to learn and ready to get out of his/her comfort zone with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Communicates in English fluently.
- Candidates should have permission to work in France/EU.