ThrustMe has established itself as one of the serious and competent new space actors at an international level. Our passion for space engineering, new technologies and first-principal thinking as driven us – and still does – to create breakthrough products for both space and Earth applications.
The intern will take part in the analysis of low-thrust electric propulsion missions scenarios, such as orbit raise, altitude maintenance and satellite constellations phasing.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of tools in Matlab/Python to improve the simulation of problems requiring the use of propulsion systems in small satellite missions;
- Update a database of orbital maneuvers that can help to evaluate future mission scenarios;
- Analyse telemetry data from users of ThrustMe electric propulsion systems and comparing it withsimulation.
Desired skills and experience
- Background in aerospace engineering/physics;
- Programming experience with Matlab, Python, etc;
- Experience working in the orbital dynamics subject through internships or core projects would be an asset;
- Knowledge of GMAT or comparable toolbox would be an asset;
- Willing to learn and ready to get out of his/her comfort zone with a positive “can do” attitude;
- Communicates in English fluently;
- Strong motivation and interpersonal skills to integrate in the team;
- Candidates should have permission to work in France/EU and student status during the hole internship.