Propulsion Towards Sustainable Space
ThrustMe is a fast-growing industrial engineering startup in the space sector, founded in 2017. We are highly educated world experts in satellite space propulsion, pioneering the field of streamlined in-orbit propulsion for the rising satellite constellation paradigm. We help our clients in the US, Europe, and Asia, to maneuver satellites once in space while meeting their short timelines and cost-capped budgets. The company made history in 2019 and 2020 with the world’s first in-orbit demonstrations of iodine-fueled electric propulsion systems, technologies that will revolutionize the satellite mobility industry.
ThrustMe’s wide product portfolio has a significant market traction and with our solid commercial pipeline we are forecasting rapid growth in 2022. We are now growing the commercial team and as Head of Sales, you will play an essential role in its growth and successful implementation.
As the Head of sales at ThrustMe, you will be a vital member of the company’s leadership team and report directly to the CEO. You will lead and manage our sales operations, set up and implement sales strategies, nurse current and new client relationships, write commercial proposals and presentations and negotiate large long term contracts with satellite constellation clients.
You will be responsible for reaching our revenue expectations and provide commercial reports and forecasts. You will liaise with the Head of Production to ensure that products are delivered on time, and with the after sales service to ensure customer satisfaction, and you will work with the product development team to continue product improvements and development of new products based on customer and industry feedback.
To be successful as our Head of Sales, you should have good leadership skills and the ability to drive company success. Ultimately, a top-notch Head of Sales should have an in-depth knowledge of the space market, and competitive products and have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Outline and plan sales volume, market share, distribution channels and profit margins.
- Develop a comprehensive sales and distribution strategy to maximise sales opportunities.
- Monitor, analyze and report on sales performance.
- Lead the sales team, and foster positive relationships with current and new partners and clients to understand their needs, prepare winning proposals and bids that define a clear path to client satisfaction.
- Negotiate and close long term supply contracts.
- Monitor market evolution and investigate factors impacting sales performance and monitor changes in the industry and leverage them for business opportunities.
- Recommend changes in pricing structures in product lines or products.
Skills and qualifications
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering is highly appreciated, preferably with knowledge in space propulsion or satellite attitude control.
- 5+ yrs experience in commercial and/or business development (bid manager, technical sales, business developer,…) within the aerospace industry.
- Demonstrated skills in closing large contracts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Salary determined by the level of education and related work experience and certifications.