Propulsion Towards Sustainable Space
ThrustMe is a growing deep-tech in the space industry, located in the suburbs of Paris, France. We develop and market, among other things, innovative space propulsion systems for next-generation satellites. The company made history in 2019 and 2020 with the world’s first in-orbit demonstrations of iodine-fueled electric propulsion systems, technologies that will revolutionize the satellite mobility industry.
As an Apprentice Mechanical Engineer , the candidate will fully participate in the pure design and assembly of the various propulsion modules developed by ThrustMe’s R&D team. He will also be required to develop various tools necessary for carrying out tests/diagnoses. The candidate will learn how to manage projects (cost estimation, follow-up of quotes/orders/manufacturing deadlines with the suppliers manufacturing the designed parts).
- Design of propulsion modules and diagnostic/test tools.
- Participation in the assembly of propulsion modules and diagnostic/test tools.
- Participation in the in-house production of prototyped parts.
- Follow-up / supplier relationship.
- Simple design spirit based on knowledge of a range of manufacturing processes.
- Basics in conventional machining.
- Notions of tolerancing.
- Good level of English.
- Knowledge of vibration mechanics.
- Thermal knowledge.
- Creative, passionate, curious, open-minded, motivated, organized.
- Responsible and involved.
- Appreciate teamwork.