Propulsion Towards Sustainable Space
ThrustMe is a growing deep-tech in the space industry, located in the suburbs of Paris, France. We develop and market, among other things, innovative space propulsion systems for next-generation satellites. The company made history in 2019 and 2020 with the world’s first in-orbit demonstrations of iodine-fueled electric propulsion systems, technologies that will revolutionize the satellite mobility industry.
As a plasma physicist at ThrustMe, you will contribute to new discoveries in plasma physics and related scientific fields. You will work to design and improve propulsion systems by exploiting these discoveries to deliver breakthrough products. Various opportunities are available within the research and product development teams at ThrustMe.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Use models and simulations to design discharge chambers, ion optics, and other plasma-facing devices.
- Support experimental activities for plasma physics research and related product development.
- Select and design plasma diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Collaborate with engineers and physicists to develop breakthrough products.
- Thorough theoretical knowledge of plasma physics, general knowledge in other scientific or engineering disciplines.
- Practical experience with plasma devices, including development or applied science.
- Knowledge/experience of electric propulsion systems is an advantage.
- Fluent English.