software for space
thya aerospace is searching for highly motivated talents ready to tackle challenging space projects that will reshape the way we master and explore space today and in future.
we are a small German space technology start-up from Munich, integrated by staff from the German Aerospace Center (DLR). located in a brand-new office, over the roofs of Munich. we are an international entity, an equal opportunity employer and offering competitive salaries. currently thya aerospace is in the initial phase of the venture.
for thya aerospace in Munich we wish to recruit a qualified Software Engineer for precise GNSS Systems targeting primarily Global Navigation Satellite Systems. earliest possible starting time is 15 th of January 2021.
please apply with
- Cover letter, denoting you, your qualification and motivation (mandatory, in the email as text)
- CV (mandatory)
- Transcript of your last study (mandatory)
- Job reference & other certificates (in case you have some)
we will evaluate the application and come back to you via email asap. in case you receive a positive first feedback, a video conference call will be scheduled as a next step.
your daily tasks evolve around the configuration and development of complex GNSS user segment software for Precise Point Positioning (PPP) solutions. PPP is a multi-GNSS approach to provide static and kinematic geodetic point positioning and time on a global scale. it can improve the position of GNSS receivers to centimetre-level by a combination of precise satellite orbits and clocks with un-differenced, dual-frequency, pseudo-range and carrier-phase observables.
you will work on the development of PPP server applications as well as embedded receiver devices (i.e. for flight-drones). you will have to solve completely unique problems together with our partners and you will design, implement, as well as test our in-house technology developments. you will have to solve software engineering and scientific challenges on a daily basis.
for us, of equivalent importance as your technical qualification is your attitude and motivation. we value teamwork and passion for space. you shall be proud of what you achieved with the team and try to become a bit better every day.
qualification and experience will determine where you start at thya. your motivation will determine whether you start at thya.
- designing, implementing, and testing of precise GNSS systems, focusing PPP technology:
- PPP GNSS server software
- PPP receiver systems (i.e. for flight-drones)
- scientific and engineering research in the specific GNSS problem-domain
- following state-of-the-art DevOps procedures while developing
- documenting requirements, designs and test results
- interacting with the technical experts of our project partners
your basic qualifications:
- European citizen or citizen of Norway or Switzerland;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 3+ years of experience in professional C/Cpp software development for safety-critical software
- fluent in English in written and spoken word
preferred skills and experience:
- having shipped software in high volume products or real-time products that require high reliability and fault tolerance
- significant understanding of software principles and ability to contribute in design sessions
- capabilities in scripting languages like POSIX shell script and Python
- thorough knowledge of systems, computer architecture, software development, networks, and electronics
- strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- effective collaboration as a team member and in large code bases
- creative approach to problem solving and exceptional analytical skills
- ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- capability and motivation to learn complex concepts and systems very fast to be able to improve them
- knowledge in the area of software engineering methodologies (Continuous Integration, Git, etc.)
- experience in software development for space, aviation or automotive industry is of advantage
- experience in the area of GNSS and PPP is of advantage
- experience with SW development standards and guidelines of the space domain is of advantage
- willing to work at project partner site around Munich when needed and sometimes to go on business trips for international missions
- willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed