we are a small German space technology start-up from Munich, integrated by staff from the German Aerospace Center (DLR). located in a brand new office, over the roofs of Munich. we are an international entity, an equal opportunity employer and offering competitive salaries. currently thya aerospace is in the initial phase of the venture. for us, these days are a very dynamic time, letting us shoot out of the dark of a global crisis.
thya aerospace is searching for highly motivated talents ready to tackle challenging space projects that will reshape the way we master and explore space today and in future.
For thya aerospace in Munich we wish to recruit a qualified
Software Engineer for Space Systems
targeting primarily Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
With your application, please include:
- Cover letter in the body of the application (ie not an attachment), denoting you, your qualification and motivation
- CV (mandatory)
- Transcript of your last applicable study (mandatory)
- Job reference & other certificates (in case you have some)
We will evaluate the application and come back to you via email asap. In case you receive a positive first feedback, a video conference call will be scheduled as a next step.
We are active in all three segments of space systems: user, ground and space. This means that we search expertise in many domains, perhaps also covering areas of yours.
Your daily tasks evolve around the development of software for safety-critical systems. You will solve completely unique problems together with our partners and you will design, implement and test our in-house technology developments. You will have to solve engineering and scientific challenges on a daily basis. Your mission is to be a technology shaper. You have to design from a system perspective and implement from a software perspective. Nevertheless, your exact tasks will depend on your qualification and field of expertise. In a personal interview more details on potential tasks can be provided. The subsequent sections also list responsibilities and preferred skills which will elaborate your tasks further.
For us, of equivalent importance as your technical qualification is your attitude and motivation. We want you to like your colleagues, your job and your space. You shall be proud of what you achieved with the team and try to learn and become a bit better every day. We want team members that help each other.
- Developing highly reliable and available software systems targeting Global Navigation Satellite Systems for the ground and user segment;
- Scientific and engineering research in the specific problem-domain of the space mission; Software Engineer for Space Systems Title: Software Engineer for Space Systems
- Designing, implementing, and configuring software (which segment depends on the project and your qualification) of
- Following stat-of-the-art DevOps procedures while developing;
- Documenting requirements, designs and test results;
- Interacting with the technical experts of our project partners
Your Basic Qualifications:
- European citizen or citizen of Norway or Switzerland;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 3+ years of experience in professional C/Cpp software development for safety-critical software;
- Fluent in English in written and spoken word
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Having shipped software in high volume products or real-time products that require high reliability and fault tolerance
- Significant understanding of software principles and ability to contribute in design sessions
- Capabilities in scripting languages like POSIX shell script and Python
- Thorough knowledge of systems, computer architecture, software development, networks, and electronics
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- Effective collaboration as a team member and in large code bases
- Creative approach to problem solving and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Capability and motivation to learn complex concepts and systems very fast to be able to improve them
- Knowledge in the area of software engineering methodologies (Continuous Integration, Git, etc.);
- Experience in software development for space, aviation or automotive industry is of advantage;
- Experience with SW development standards and guidelines of the space domain is of advantage
- Willing to work at project partner site around Munich when needed and sometimes to go on business trips for international missions;
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed