Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
- Manage and maintain lab space 5S
- Manage and conduct maintenance of equipments in lab
- Manage consumable supply in the lab and other R&D activities.
- Manage R&D component, equipment inventory
- Procurement for lab equipment and other R&D equipment & components
- Conduct lab equipment training
- Write documentation about lab equipment training and risk assessment.
- Conduct lab safety training, prevent the personal from access the lab without training
- Facilitate lab risk assessment for R&D activities in the lab and maintain the record
- Perform other R&D activities such a simple machining, assembly and soldering
- Build simple test set ups
- Problem solving mindset, strong hands-on skills
- Preferable engineering related diploma or ITE graduate.
- Preferable experience of working with mechanical, electronic and optical equipments
- Preferable experience in risk assessment activities
- First aid certified will be an advantage
- Understanding 5S and experience work in 5S environment will be a advantage
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.