We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide.
Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Senior Optomechanics Engineer
- Responsible for design improvements of the opto-mechanical system in ground based laser communication devices for performance improvement.
- Execute new optical designs with a focus on manufacturability.
- Evaluate and improve the optical alignment processes used in manufacturing of laser communication devices.
- Support manufacturing engineering to provide and maintain appropriate tools and techniques used in the manufacturing of laser communication devices.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Optical Engineering.
- Knowledge in geometric optics, physical optics and modern optics.
- Proficient in optical analysis using simulation softwares like Zemax, ASAP, CodeV or equivalent tools.
- Proficient in CAD software like Solidworks.
- Proficient in finite element analysis, solver and multiphysics simulation software like COMSOL.
- 5+ years hands-on design and development of precision optics equipments
- Proficient in DFM and manufacturing process development
- Experience with process fixturing and optical system calibration
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with designing and/or handling manufacturing test equipment
- Experience in testing components for quick prototyping and proof of concepts
- Thrives in working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.