Delivering Communications Technology that Connects and Inspires. Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress and FleetBroadband solutions.
The primary focus of the role is to support Intellian customers and products in the field, with operation, installation and configuration of all product; whether that be on board or remotely from the office via telephone and or email.
In Field/On board/on site work:
- Assist Intellian dealers with technical enquiries and attendances on vessels
- Perform installation, service and support of Product efficiently, timely and successfully.
- Work closely with other Intellian Global Teams.
- Weekly reporting of TS Field Support activities (Field attendances).
- Assist coordination team with work orders and vessel schedules, including liaising with port agents and vessel crew prior to attendance.
- Able to Troubleshoot, diagnose and evaluate operation of product.
- Work with subcontractors, dealers and end-user customers for evaluating technical product related topics.
- Solve day to day case management. Input cases in CRM and track via customer inquiries from phone, email, etc
- Update and input accurate data in CRM with ensuring CRM accuracy.
- Analysis and repair of products returned to facility.
- Limit failed or return of required jobs by maintaining a high success rate
- Adhere to all safety regulations, perform risk assessment and maintain required PPE
- Complete and provide RMA forms with stock returns for inventory management
- Creation, updating and completion of work orders in CRM with clear and concise service & Expense reporting in a timely manner (Within 24 hours of job return)
- Development of documentation for troubleshooting and knowledgebase
- Assist other departments to help facilitate sales, such as, but not limited to; product demonstrations, Product recommendations, document or knowledgebase creation, onsite training
- Manage Document repository and announcements of tech articles to US TS.
- Deliver scheduled dealer product training at Intellian facility.
- Documenting and reporting any technical concerns to management or internal Quality and R&D teams.
- Training new Intellian technicians whom start In future (Onboarding).
- Assist in Florida facility where needed with operational, warehouse and housekeeping tasks.
- Travel up to 75% – Ability to travel at very short notice anywhere globally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience working on 3-axis KU, KA and/or C-Band stabilized marine antennas.
- Maritime/Sat-com certification; GVF, NMEA, MEI, Manufacturer training
- Maritime or offshore Experience.
- Strong understanding of RF technologies.
- IT Network troubleshooting skills; DHCP, TCP/IPv4 & v6, Sub-netting, routing, etc.
- Strong mechanical skills and ability to use hand tools for long periods.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and using email or telephone.
- Excellent written and verbal skills of the English language.
- Must be comfortable working alone and opening/closing FL facility.
- Able to travel at short notice (Same Day)
- Able to lift/carry at least 50lbs and climb ladders, masts, rigging, etc.
- Comfortable working in industrial environment and at height.
- Good personal safety awareness and Hazard avoidance.
- Willingness to use heavy machinery, such as forklift, shooting boom, scissor lift (training would be provided).
- Strong Organizational & documentation skills.
- Great team player and positive attitude.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Docs. Generally, Technology savvy.