Defining Agile Space
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced RF Test/Validation Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As an RF Test/Validation Engineer, you will be responsible for test automation, performance validation, and data collection for RF modules, like transceivers and phase-array antennas.
- Interface with design engineers and systems engineers to validate module performance across various test conditions, debug modules, create test plans and test reports, and present data.
- Design test fixtures and advise design engineers on test features needed on modules to facilitate efficient testing.
- Perform bench test, test automation, performance validation, and data collection for RF modules (ex: Transceivers and phased-array antennas).
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSEE +5 years’ experience or MSEE and 3 years experience or Ph.D. with at least 1 year of experience
- Good understanding of RF parameters like gain, noise figure, intermodulation products, VSWR, s-parameters, EVM
- Experience and familiarity with testing, evaluation, and debugging RF, analog, and mixed-signal circuits. Proficiency in use of vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, and oscilloscope
- Experience in designing RF signal conditioning circuits using LNA’s, gain blocks, attenuators, switches, and power dividers/combiners
- Experience in setting up and running bench and automated testing with a vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, temperature chamber, and associated equipment and accessories
- Experience with GPIB, SCPI, or Ethernet test automation
- Familiarity with circuit schematics capture and PCB layout software such as Altium
- Experience Keysight VEE or similar test automation software
- Good understanding of RF PCB and high-speed PCB design practices
- Familiarity with a programming language such as C, C++, Python, or similar
- Good communication, organization, and documentation skills
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, the applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.