As a controls engineer, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nano-satellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for some combination of analysis, software, hardware, test, integration, and documentation in a fast-paced environment. Specific tasks may include:
- Working in a small team environment closely with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Developing simulations and performing analysis to inform preliminary vehicle design (PrimarilyMATLAB/Simulink).
- Developing flight system algorithms and implementations for small satellites and launch vehicles (Primarily autocoded MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow in coordination with the embedded software team).
- Vehicle control system architecture sizing and definition.
- Control system hardware development, implementation, and test.
- Contributing to concept of operations development and mission operations.
- Participating in team discussions involving vehicle architecture and design for future projects.
Specific requirements include:
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and able to perform duties autonomously.
- BS or MS in engineering field with focus on control systems.
- MATLAB proficiency with Simulink, Stateflow, and Autocoding experience desirable.
- Familiarity with spacecraft and/or launch vehicle control systems. Small satellite or CubeSat experience desirable
Proficient use of written and oral English language is mandatory
Tyvak International S.R.L.is the first European subsidiary of Terran Orbital Corporation, already owner of Tyvak Nanosatellite Systems Inc., based in Irvine (CA, USA). The corporation’s technical team is one of the most experienced small satellite groups in the industry with unique experience and capabilities in the development of nanosatellite missions and advanced technologies.
The main company office is located in Torino, Italy. Salary and benefits are market competitive. Position expected to be filled as soon as possible.