We provide Nanosatellite and CubeSat space vehicle products and services that target advanced state-of-the-art capabilities for government and commercial customers to support operational and scientifically relevant missions.
As a Electro-Mechanical Technician, the candidate will join a collaborative team to perform AIT (Assembly, Integration and Test) tasks which includes mechanical, electrical and integration assembly, harness manufacturing and facilitate performance testing of satellite components and subsystems.
- Perform equipment/component receiving inspection, preparation (kits), assembly / installation for test and/or flight configuration.
- Understand technical documents and work according to company procedures and technical drawings
- Prepare, use, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances such as thermal filler and different types of epoxy resins.
- Harness manufacturing such as cable assemblies
- Calibrate and properly use – torque tools / crimp tools (mechanical and harness) and required hardware.
- Keep Integration areas (tools, toolboxes, workstations, etc) clean and tidy in accordance with company policy.
- Use the machine shop for minor fabrication, modification and repair.
- Tin soldering for harnessing and minor reworks
Specific requirements include:
- Experience in a production environment with mechanical and electronics assemblies.
- Experience in the aerospace industry is preferred but not compulsory.
Experience of the following:
- Clean Room and ESD-safe work
- Detailed assembly and fitting work
- Understand technical documents
- Handling chemical and hazardous substances
- Electrical components handling and soldering
- Harness-securing methods
- Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware.
Tyvak International S.R.L. is the first European subsidiary of Terran Orbital Corporation, already owner of Tyvak Nanosatellite Systems Inc., based in Irvine (CA, USA). The corporation’s technical team is one of the most experienced small satellite groups in the industry with unique experience and capabilities in the development of nanosatellite missions and advanced technologies.
The main company office is located in Torino, Italy. Salary and benefits are market competitive. Position expected to be filled as soon as possible.