We provide Nanosatellite and CubeSat space vehicle products and services that target advanced state-of-the-art capabilities for government and commercial customers to support operational and scientifically relevant missions.
As an electrical engineer, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nanosatellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for hardware development during all phases of a development cycle, including requirements, design, implementation, test, integration and documentation in a fast-paced environment. Specific tasks will include:
- Working in a small team environment closely with software, mechanical and system engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Participating in hardware requirements generation, design, implementation, and testing discussion with multiple team members.
- Working schematic design and layout of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) for primarily digital systems with distributed power regulation.
- Work with board houses to coordinate fabrication and assembly of new designs.
- Develop assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation.
- Support system level integra tion of multiple hardwa re designs while working with software developers for debug, test, and requirements verification.
- Participating in team discussions involving vehicle architecture and design for ongoing and future projects.
Specific requirements may include:
- BS or MS in CPE, EE or equivalent degree required.
- Experience using standard electronics equipment required: oscilloscope, power supply, multimeter, logic analyzer.
- Experience working with flight hardware in a controlled environment (cleanliness and ESD).
- Ability to work methodically in a lab environment to maintain cleanliness and organization.
- Experience soldering for debug and board modifications as needed.
- Experience with modern satellite avionics design
- Methodical digital and power systemdebug skills
- Ability to document complex mixed signal design architectures for review
- Experience with electronics CAD software (Altium Design preferred)
- Comfortable working within a Linux command line environment
- Knowledgeable with common physical layer protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet)
- Understanding of best practices to reduce EMI in PCB design
- Meticulous design documentation, and attention to detail
- Good communication with team members, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
Proficient use of written and oral English language is mandatory.
Tyvak International S.R.L.is the first European subsidiary of Terran Orbital Corporation, already owner of Tyvak Nanosatellite Systems Inc., based in Irvine (CA, USA). The corporation’s technical team is one of the most experienced small satellite groups in the industry with unique experience and capabilities in the development of nanosatellite missions and advanced technologies.
The main company office is located in Torino, Italy. Salary and benefits are market competitive. Position expected to be filled as soon as possible.